Saturday, June 1, 2013

Bouncing back

Earlier, I just came from clinic to make a follow up on my knee condition. I was happy leaving the place because the doctor advised me that I am already okay, I just have to take extra care of my knees.

So, what have I been doing lately before this day? 

1. I have mentioned that I am still running, but not as often as before (I can log 30kms a week) but now gradually I am coming back and I noticed a bit faster than before. This is because I've added something to my workouts.

2. Made weekly target exercises to tone parts of my body. I don't know if it works but it feels good. And I know, I have to strengthen my legs and core muscles in order for me to lessen the injury.

3. Stretches, as recommended by the book, Run Less, Run Faster from Runner's World. It feels good too so, I am doing it.

4. Studied Chi Running. I read in a blog, that this running style/form helped him endure his knee injury. But I admit I am still in the process of studying it. I think it helped in making me run a bit faster.. I think. I wish I am doing it right. 

5. Swimming. But not regularly, I will try to make it my weekly habit including biking (I will be getting the bike hopefully by June 2013). 

I think I will be adding some modality exercise I've made during therapy and also as I've mentioned in number five, I will also add biking as my cross training thingy. I guess weekends will be as busy as ever, this injury just opened a lot of possibilities for me and I am just beginning to grab every opportunity that goes along with it. 

Tomorrow, I will be running my second Run United for the year. I will be going for the 21km distance and I hope I don't disappoint myself. I won't go to beat my personal record but I will try running it in less than 2:40. 

I wish. Let's see. Cheers to me bouncing back! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment