Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Triathlon Dreams

As I was browsing the news one morning, I saw an article regarding the recent Ironman 70.3 event. I was in awe when I saw that one of the finishers was Maricel Laxa, the actress and wife of Anthony Pangilinan.

It's just that I've thought that it is still possible to do it at that age. Then I thought, why can't I do it too? Since, I already know how to ride a bike, how to swim (not properly), and run, I think I should enter this on my bucket list.

To plan, I should be able to do this before 35. So, since I am already into running, my body should be able to handle long distances. This month, I will be running my 2nd 16k run (on Sun) then on Sept, I will be trying my first 21k. I hope my body is all ready for that. After that, I will be running 21k and 16k for months.

Then, I will learn how to swim, properly. Good thing, I will be transferring to Taguig near AFP. I have a friend in AFP, so I can train to swim. So this year, goal is to swim properly and have it used to swim long distances AND get my body used to run long distances.

Then, all I need is a bike. When I get my bonus, I'll buy myself a camera an a decent bike. I'll train myself before the end of the next year so that on 2014. I can join.

Quite an ambition huh? As if I don't have a job. To train for this is the problem, will I be able to do this? Well, I just want to experience it, and also, upon seeing the picture of Ms Laxa's smile on the finish line, I can't help myself imagining me on the same shoes, wearing the same smile, it will be one glorious day. I know, it's too shallow but I always love the feeling of finishing the race.

So, I look forward to it. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment