Friday, November 30, 2012

Running the Tetra Pak Run 2012

As I am writing this, I am about to run my fourth 21k run, the QCIM. To date, Tetra Pak run has been my third 21k and I think I'm failing stupid in terms of my training rituals.

It's not that I am getting slower, it's just that even though I train or not, I am still running on a same pace. So for this run, I did what I have gathered from my previous races and clocked in at the same time 2:38, which I find a bit frustrating.

Since I have been transferred to Bicutan, and since I had the dog, I have been falling short on my mileages and aikido training. So before this run I only managed to have 15kms just before the run (I also did sime micro runs with the dog but it felt like it wasn't enough). And I did the 15kms on a Sunday, which was exactly a week before the run.

Anyway, enough excuses. So I managed to get myself on time for the race. Thank God for my improving time-management skills! I haven't been late on any of my 21k race. So I was able to put everything on place and I was able to pack in some chocs on my belt bag.

The race started good, it felt like Run United since it started on BGC. I was trying to pace an old lady but she got ahead after the 8th km (Yeah an old lady beat me! I'm that slow!). After going back to BGC, I was kinda wishin that I should've just taken the 10k route. I havr colds that day and I was thinking of walking already.

But of course, I didn't. I kept on running even if it was verrry slow. Goal was AT LEAST I did not walk. Good thing with this race was there were marshalls. One of them was my friend Mia, who showed up somewhere before the last 5km. Seriously, I was happy to see her, it was a break from my atonement. By that time, I was trying to sprint to the finish.

I thought I ran faster because of my Nike app, but upon checking it missed some spots and it skipped some edges which was funny. But anyway it's somewhere near the projected length.

Things that I have learned in this race was to not drink anything that is new to the hydration table. I thought the Coco Quench would be able to help me run straight but it got me more thirsty. I left it in one of the hydration stations, I was thinking of bringing it to the end but the taste failed me.

Overall, I would definitely run this race again. Hopefully, next time I am more prepared and not sniffly Abi.

PS.

I think i hate this post. It's all over the place. I apologize peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment