Friday, November 16, 2012

Stairs = Uphill Training

I remember Poh from Kung fu Panda hated stairs. The stairs being displayed in the movie is actually insane, I would probably hate it too. But in the course of our lives, we will also get to the part where we are faced with a decision whether to go on a Poh-like stair or just use the escalator for convenience. Before, given my weight and fitness level, I'd rather not do it because it was too stressful. Like Poh, I would be panting like crazy upon reaching the end of it. But now, I see stairs as training for my legs since I have not trained myself for the uphills.

On commute, I would be riding the MRT and making it to the platform requires a lot of walking and of course, stairs. This week, I have been waking up late and for three days, I did not make it to the shuttle. Because of this, I know that I would really have to go through the Ayala Station killer stairs.

Why killer stairs? Well, just look below. This is THE stair! (This will not pass as a "Poh-like stair" though heehee) So, I took this opportunity to run this one up. I tried making my running pace faster in each landing (I really don't know if I did it, but I felt slower in the last landing).

I do hope this frantic idea would help my legs become stronger. Well, let's just see on Sunday. Good luck to me! Cross fingers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment