Sunday, July 8, 2012

Running where?

I have tried running in different situations and in different places. Well, to count, I have made this blog, because I can't seem to remember.

I started running at the fields of UST. This is way back 2004.My weight at that time is around 55-60 kgs, (yes, you read that right, I was thinner) . I started joining this game, since I'm already pissed off with my school grades. I need to have something where I can get a boost of my confidence. So I joined, the EFC or the Engineering Football Club. Since I am taller than most of my team mates, I am made to be one of our team's defensive members. They tried putting me in the middle, but I can't take the running, so, I returned at the back. But this is one of the few memories I've had where I ran and I ran (of course it is required or else, my coach will not be so happy with my performance). I've never felt as exhausted as this every after game. I liked it, I like that I saw the blots of blood on my skin. A new reaction. My father had the same reaction, I love seeing his imprint on me.  

Women's EFC Circa 2004
So, I graduated and my appetite grew. I ate everything that I couldn't eat before. Just like a deprived animal, I ate everything I knew good. So, after a bad diagnosis about my ovaries, the doctor then advised me to lose the weight. I'm 76 kgs at the time. (I think I was heavier around Dec 2010, I think I was around 80kgs)

I remember early 2010, my officemate got heartbroken and turned into running as a coping mechanism to eventually move on. Good thing for us, he encouraged us to run with him as well. He first saw Ultra as a running spot. He invited me in, and did not like it at first. Mentally, running is exhausting. 

But then something came along, something so new I don't know how I could cope. So, I went back to Ultra and ran alone. When I ran my first straight 5kms, I knew I will be running for a long time. It was fulfilling. I feel like I can run from it. I feel like a rebel when I ran, I could do anything everyone says I shouldn't. I love the feeling. Satisfying.

So, this friend, also invited us to run at UP. Where he studied before, so we went with him. It turned out that UP was also a good place to run. It's near our house, so, I can just go there on weekends and run. Which I eventually did after, because I realized weekends are the only free days I have. One oval would equate to 2.2kms, longest I've ran is 8.8kms straight. 

I started increasing my mileage when I was at the province. While reading this Murakami book about running, it inspired me to run in the morning. Since me and my cousin walked to the barangay area, I figured maybe it's a good place to run. And when I decided I will run, it did give me a good experience. The view was great, the air was fresh and clean and the weather was not that hot. It was the next day that I decided that I will run for an hour (I only ran 45mins on the day before ~ almost 5kms), just to test whether I can increase my mileage, if I can do it. And of course, I did. I promised if I return, I will run again. I look forward to the experience.

One of my favorite running views, Basak, San Juan, So. Leyte

Of course there were the fun runs, I enjoyed joining every single one of them. It took me to go to different places like BGC Area, MOA - Macapagal Ave, Skyway, Roxas Blvd and La Union. I will be running in CamSur this coming Sept and hopefully I get to experience my 21k this coming Sept as well (in a different run that is). 

I love going places by foot, and I really love the fact that in running I am also going places to run. Not that I am only losing the pounds (To date, I am only weighing 62kgs) , I get to be around the country too. Hopefully, I get to more places. The more the merrier. 

So, to count, I have ran to 9 different places, and counting.. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment