Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Amadeo Amadeo

Since I have not ran for a week now, I decided to run where our yearly Commercial planning was held, here at Tagaytay City.

Before coming in here, I looked for the nearest road where I can run. And I saw this road to Amadeo, Cavite and it seems straight, so I looked for the landmarks since I thought my gps would fail me (but it didn't yay!) for my 10km target. Note though that I did not think there were gyms or oval tracks here - because there are.

Last night it was raining and it was cold. So, I thought of backing out with this crazy idea, I've never ran in a place like this, so chances that I will run in the morning are verrry low. But still, I prepared everything in the evening, my socks, my shirt etc.

Came morning, I can hear the wind gustling in my window. The fudge, maybe I should really abandon this idea and just run at the gym (which I really abhor since I hate the feeling of restriction - wtf statement). But, I went outside in my jammies and felt fine to run outside. So, I wore my jogging attire, wore my new socks (which I received on our exchange gift this xmas - i love it, it has a left and right sign for idiots like me haha), and went outside.

Man, the wind was unforgiving. I am usually sniffly in the morning or if it is cold, so, I walked sniffling like crazy and thought of just utilizing the oval track. But when I started running, I know, I'll go straight which I eventually did. (I'll run that oval track tomorrow though! ^__^)

Stupid me still made some mistake during this run, I forgot to bring in some dibs and I also forgot my hydration. I think bringing in some dibs/money is the most important. I am in an unchartered territory, I should bring in some measures with me in case I get hungry or I get lost. Note on this and I will be bringing them by tomorrow.

Well, road to Amadeo, Cavite is darn hard. I thought it was going to be an easy run. It was easy until my 4th km, because it was downhill but upon returning, I could just swear. I did not have hydration, and it was uphill, my 10km target was cut short to 8.23kms. I walked from then on. I have to be safe.

Good thing about this was I did not have my headphones with me. I can run without them pala. Yay me!

With this new feat - conquering my doubts of running on new roads - I know I can more places, woohoo! I am now excited to conquer more roads. Hopefully, next time in longer distances.

Road to Amadeo


Hotel Kimberly can be seen along the way


I really want to get Taho earlier, but I forgot my moolah, ergg. Major major mistake!


This is the oval, I hope I can run here tomorrow


Sunrise at the end of my run
My cool new groovy socks - Thanks Rene! 


No comments:

Post a Comment