Sunday, December 15, 2013

Running with my Pure Cadence

I bought a pair of shoes last July hoping it will be my TBR marathon shoes, but it felt wrong when I ran. Then decided, I should do practice runs on it and get a new pair.

When I decided to get a new one, I thought of getting an expert's advice and have my gait analysis taken. So, as soon as I got my extra money, I went to Runnr at BGC high street and took my chance on getting my new shoes.

I've already set my eyes on getting a Brooks pair. I have been looking into the Pure project series and saw reviews that it is a good pair. So, after my gait analysis, it was seen that my arch is for Neutral but when I ran, they saw that I needed Stability shoes. 

This is entirely different from what I bought from Singapore, my fuschia pink Adidas. It is for Neutral runners. And it was as advised by our gym instructor. Not that he's wrong, I thought it is the right shoes too. He explained it to me right. When I used my Fuschias it is good on the feet and friendly on my knees. (remember that I've had knee injuries before and I would like to be more careful in my shoe choices)

So, I took this guy's advise and looked at the stability shoe choices. Of course, almost everything is expensive and it was sad spending money on it. But, I was willing to take my chance, this is a marathon after all, and I think I need to really spend in order for me to finish it well. Good thing, Brooks Pure Cadence was on the rack and took it for a spin on their treadmill. 

It feels snuggly and my toes, especially the left one, feels iffy. I might have problems running on it since it's fit is tight on the side. But when I checked, the socks are folded and when I ran again it felt a bit better. I guess it just needs, a little breaking in, in order for me to get used to it.

I bought the shoes and went home. I then thought of using my new shoes in my long run on the next day. I went to UP on a sunday afternoon then road tested Cyan. 

It felt different, I was running without my mp3 to make me feel it more. Since the shoes are for stability running, it felt it was promoting a different run. My legs felt heavy and every step of my feet felt like a big stomp. It feels like it's activating the pain on my ITB (Ilotilial Band). I walked a few times on my first 6kms.

On the 6th, I decided to get my mp3 player so that I can focus on running and drank my gatorade with the GU gel for energy. I was able to run properly, and i did not feel any pain from there on. I was able to focus on running straight, but my feet are still not used to it, and I am still not running I am supposed to with it. 

I was able to finish at around 13.2kms at 1hr and 49 mins. Not a bad run, I think. I was planning to run at an average of 8:00 mins/kms. I guess I just need to get used to it, or I will use Fuschia in my marathon.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Geez. 

PS: if I spelled Fuschia wrong, forgive me. Heehee

First look at my Pure Cadence

Fuschia Pinkie Adidas on its first run



No comments:

Post a Comment