Saturday, March 16, 2013

Shoe Laces and other things

So, I have told you about my problem with my shoe laces how it magically unties itself a couple of times during my runs. Thanks to my dog, Odin, I hope this problem is halfway solved.

Well - and I am saying this to you with a big sigh - I came home one day and saw one shoe on the floor with its shoelaces partially destroyed. It is a big wonder to me why he only destroys strings, my bra string, bag string, paper bag string, etc. I have been aware of this and took away every thing that is destroyable away from him, at least.

Since I have an upcoming race this Sunday for the Run United 1 race, I decided to get a new pair of shoelaces. I went to the mall and there's one shoe lace that caught my eye. Coincidentally, it has the same color as my old shoelace (Mind you, my shoelaces are hot pink as in HOT AND SCREAMING pink). These are short laces that doesn't need any tying (thank God because I think I suck at that). They are a bit expensive 800php, but are on sale so I got it at around 500php (that's around 12USD). Yes, still expensive but I am hoping I get to use it for a long time.

I haven't taken my shoes for a test run since I have put it in yesterday. But I am hoping it does wonders. I'll let you know on my next blog. :)

My new laces, it has the same color no? 
Destroyed
And you look so innocent and cute now Odin huh? 
I have been too "magastos" (extravagant/spending too many moolahs) no? i realized that I have been into shopping frenzy lately. Over the past two weeks, I have bought myself two running books, two sports bra, one running shirt and this. I am also considering registering on my April and May race (yes, unfortunately I haven't have any April race yet but I have found it, and I am already excited to register hopefully by tomorrow).

Oh well, I want to take my running to the next level and I am hoping these things (especially the shoelaces) could help me in running efficiently and motivate me to be a better runner.

New Books! Yay excited!
Yes, it is! Thanks to Kikay Runner for the discount! :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment